Mittwoch, 10. Januar 2018

New year's resolutions


[Deutsche Version unten][unbeauftragte Werbung, da Markennennung]
 Many of us start into the new year with a lot of resolutions. I actually have "new year's resolutions" throughout the whole year, a big number of plans always. Most of them keep existing only in my mind. Some I carry out quite soon, others spend a lot of time on my to-do list until I find the courage (or defeat the laziness) to tackle them.
I'm surely not alone with this, but often I am a bit sorry for all my beautiful ideas and goals...

This year I'd like to sew some more. After we've moved to another flat, there finally is enough space for me to leave all my sewing stuff where it is and simply go on the next day. I am really looking forward to this. I've already treated myself with a few new patterns (the only things I've purchased during the Black Friday):

Safran (Deer&Doe): It is simply impossible for me to buy jeans that really fit. Admittedly, I don't have much patience for byuing jeans either. When sewing, it's not a problem for me to put the garment on and take it off again, pin, tuck in, let out, rip seams and close them again. But when shopping it makes me positively furious to try on 10 pairs of trousers, none of which really fit. This is one of the reasons why I am mainly wearing skirts these days. But some skinny jeans that fit at the hips AND the waist... No gaping waistband in the back, no rolling up the legs,... That would be a dream come true. The only trousers I've made so far are my lemony beach shorts for which I drafted a pattern after some bought pyjama bottoms. So now, some jeans. Wish me luck.

Belladone (Deer&Doe): When I first saw the makes of this dress pattern on the sewing blogs, I knew: I NEED THIS. Oh, this cut-out in the back ...



Arielle (Tilly and the Buttons). So sixties! Straight and pencil skirts are always difficult for me (my waist is 1-2 sizes smaller than my hips), but I think I can make this work. I already have some nice velvety corderoy in bordeaux.

Rosa (Tilly and the Buttons). The dress. Black cotton with a print of little white triangles, white piping. I'm also imagining a bright red belt and bright red beatle boots from Tomé (Madrid).

When knitting, I like to improvise as I go, following my instinct. This year I have two things I'd like to make:


Agatha. Copyright: A. Sutterlund
Agatha (Andi Satterlund). Look at it and fall in love. I spent a lot of time wondering whether I should buy the pattern or try to make up a similar cardigan. But hey, support your indie designers.

Round-yoke jumper. I've been wanting to knit a round-yoke jumper for myself for quite a while. But while I easily knit cables and experiment with structures, I don't have much experience with stranded knitting. This will change now. My favourite practice pieces are baby cardigans. They're small, don't take much time to knit and if you have to unravel the thing, it doesn't hurt too much. Luckily, people around me don't stop having babies... So in autumn I will go for the bigger version. I don't think I'll make up my own pattern (also because I haven't understood the pattern behind the decreases yet), but find an easy one to follow. At the moment, I like Sweet as Candy by Drops (also because it's free).


So, who else has new year's resolutions?





Ein neues Jahr beginnen die meisten von uns mit guten Vorsätzen. Ich habe ständig gute Vorsätze, jede Menge Pläne. Die Mehrheit bleibt in meinem Kopf. Manche setze ich tatsächlich zeitnah um, andere schwirren eine Ewigkeit auf meiner To-do-Liste herum bis ich mich herantraue (oder den Hintern hoch bekomme).
Sicher bin ich nicht alleine damit, aber manchmal tut es mir schon leid um meine vielen tollen Ideen und Ziele ...
In diesem Jahr möchte ich gerne wieder mehr nähen. Nach unserem Umzug habe ich endlich mehr Platz und kann meinen ganzen Kram auch einmal liegen lassen. Darauf freue ich mich schon sehr. Ich habe mir auch schon ein paar Schnittmuster gegönnt (das Einzige, dass beim Black Friday erstanden habe):

Safran (Deer&Doe). Es ist unmöglich für mich, eine passende Jeans zu kaufen. Zugegebenermaßen habe ich auch nicht besonders viel Geduld dafür. Wo ich beim Nähen tausendmal an- und ausziehen kann, neu abstecken, kürzen, Nähte aufmachen und wieder zusammennähen, nervt es mich beim Einkaufen einfach nur, 10 Hosen anzuziehen, die alle an irgendeiner Stelle nicht sitzen. Auch einer der Gründe, warum ich im Moment hauptsächlich Röcke trage.
Aber eine Skinny Jeans, die so richtig sitzt, sowohl an der Hüfte als auch an der Taille. Kein abstehender Bund, keine umgeschlagenen Beine, ... Das wäre mein Traum. Die einzige Hose, die ich bisher genäht habe, ist meine Beach-Party-Zitronen-Shorts, für die ich den Schnitt einer gekauften Pyjamahose kopiert habe. Jetzt also eine Jeans. Wünscht mir Glück.

Belladone (Deer&Doe). Als ich dieses Kleid das erste mal gesehen habe, wusste ich: DAS WILL ICH. Ach, dieser Rückenausschnitt...



Arielle (Tilly and the Buttons). So Sixties! Gerade oder Bleistiftröcke sind bei mir ja immer etwas problematisch (Taille und Hüfte gehen 1-2 Größen auseinander), aber das wird schon. Ich habe auch schon einen wunderbaren weinroten Samtcord dafür. <3

Rosa (Tilly and the Buttons). Als Kleid, schwarze Baumwolle mit kleinen weißen Dreiecken, weiße Paspeln. Dazu stelle ich mir einen knallroten schmalen Gürtel und knallrote Beatle Boots von Tomé (Madrid) vor.


Beim Stricken improvisiere ich gerne und hab oft spontane Eingebungen, die ich dann umsetze. Dieses Jahr habe ich aber zwei feste Pläne:

Agatha (Andi Satterlund). Anschauen und verlieben. Ich habe lange überlegt, ob ich mir die Anleitung kaufen soll oder lieber versuche, etwas ähnliches selbst zu entwerfen. Aber hey, support your indie designers. 

Sweet as Candy (Drops)
Rundpassenpulli. Der Rundpassenpulli steht schon seit längerem auf meiner Liste. Wo ich Zopfmuster und Strukturen problemlos stricke, habe ich recht wenig Übung im Jaquardstricken. Das ändert sich jetzt. Meine Lieblingsübungsstücke sind immer Babyjacken. Die sind klein, relativ schnell gearbeitet und wenn man wieder aufribbeln muss, tut es nicht ganz so weh. Gut, dass die Leute um mich herum irgendwie nicht aufhören, Kinder zu bekommen ... Spätestens im Herbst kommt dann also ein größeres Modell. Ich werde mir aber wohl auch hier nicht die Mühe machen, etwas selbst zu entwerfen (dafür habe ich das Abnahmemuster auch noch nicht genug durchschaut), sondern mir eine nette Anleitung suchen. Sweet as Candy von Drops finde ich bisher ganz gut (außerdem ist sie gratis).

Und? Wer hat noch gute Vorsätze und Handarbeitspläne?

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen